To Our Families and Community
D.W. Rhodes Funeral Home Is Prepared to Safely Care For Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
New Orleans, LA – D.W. Rhodes Funeral Homes remains committed and prepared to safely care for the families it serves during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. D.W. Rhodes will continue to enable families to participate in the rituals that are most important to them whenever possible.
According to the CDC, at this time, there is no known risk associated with being in the same room at a funeral or visitation service with the body of someone who died of confirmed or suspected COVID-19; however, federal, state and local public health guidance may impact the size of gathering a family is able to plan. Depending on a family’s preferences, their loved one can be safely embalmed. Families may choose either burial or cremation as usual.
“At Rhodes, we recognize our responsibility to protect the health of those we are privileged to serve,” said General Manager, Stephanie Rhodes-Navarre “We will continue to guide families, as we always have, in ways they can meaningfully commemorate the life of their loved one, while adhering to the guidance issued by federal, state and local public health officials.”
Rhodes continued: “Our staff remains vigilant about cleaning our facilities and ensuring we’re all following recommended healthy habits, such as staying home when sick, washing our hands, and covering coughs and sneezes. The CDC, National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), and our state and local public health officials have offered a lot of helpful guidance for businesses on this topic, which we continue to follow.”
Out of an abundance of caution for staff and customers we are adjusting our methods of service delivery to ensure safety of all involved. We are happy to share some practical guidelines to help you in your efforts to serve families’ physical and emotional needs in paying tribute to their loved ones with dignity and respect.
- Due to decrease in number of persons allowed to gather we will comply with city order and guide families to plan private ceremonies.
- Live streams of ceremony can be shared with guest beyond the immediate family
- Other consideration would be an immediate burial or cremation followed by a delayed memorial celebration.
- Arrangements for families with a current death can be arranged digitally & electronically with our professional directors by phone (504) 822-7162.
- Our offices will transition to reduced schedules to promote continued safety, please call prior to visiting to confirm hours of operation at (504) 822-7162.
The staff of Rhodes Funeral Home will be of assistance as we always have for over 135 years. Please contact us at (504) 822-7162.